Code of Conduct Policy
At Open Minds Secular Homeschool Co-op, we strive to create an accepting, respectful, and fun learning atmosphere. These rules and expectations are outlined to foster the positive environment we want to maintain. Parents should review these rules with all children. You can download a copy of the policy to print and sign here.
We show respect for each other and ourselves.
- We are kind and considerate of other students, teachers, and adults.
- Disruptive behavior that interferes with the learning environment is not allowed.
- Name calling, derogatory language, and offensive gestures are not permitted.
- Bullying behaviors (spitting, hitting, kicking, insulting, etc.) are not allowed.
- Do not use foul or offensive language.
- Keep your hands to yourself.
- In class, do not talk when the teacher is talking.
- Do not leave designated areas without permission (no running away!)
We take care of our rental facility, school property, and the property of others.
- Do not deface or damage the building or property in any way.
- Treat school property and materials with respect.
- Do not take or damage other students’ property.
- Gum is not allowed in the building or anywhere on the property.
- Place all trash and recycling in appropriate containers.
If these rules are violated, Open Minds teachers reserve the right (based on intention and impact of student actions) to have the student temporarily removed from class or prohibit the student from returning to the program. We reserve the right to enforce a zero-tolerance policy for running away, violence towards others, or destruction of property. In extreme situations, if we deem it necessary to expel the student, no refund will be given.